Re: Libranet to sooth the savage Debian beast???

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 13:07, John Hasler wrote:
> Mariano writes:
> > Well ...  I do love what I've got so far and don't wanna turn my back on
> > it - still I see potential for improvement in debian and I am pretty sure
> > that it's ok to voice that. I am advocation debian in the organisations I
> > am working for and like to know the rationale behind things in order to
> > explain them.
>
> Installing Libranet is not turning your back on Debian.  Libranet _is_
> Debian, with a nice installer and a few frills.  The packages still come
> from the Debian archive and you can pull stuff from Testing and/or Unstable
> as you see fit.

Well, they don't all come from the archive.  v2.7 had KDE 3.1.1 long
before sid did, and v2.8, which just shipped last week, has XFree 4.3.0.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| The purpose of the military isn't to pay your college tuition |
| or give you a little extra income; it's to "kill people and   |
| break things".  Surprisingly, not everyone understands that.  |