Re: Libranet to sooth the savage Debian beast???

> > Can't.  It's i386-only and the Debian installer has to run on all eleven
> > architectures.

> Mariano writes:
> > Does it make sense to standardize on the lowest common denominator? i386
> > makes likely more than 98% of all installed systems, doesn't it?

> Why don't _you_ try bringing that up on debian-devel?  The partisans of
> the
> other ports are _ferocious_.
Well, I might try that, but I believe that is not the place for a debian
newbies to voice their opinions. I am just trying to understand the reasoning
behind that.

> > Hardware detection and setup doesn't seem to be architecture neutral
> > anyway.

> Of course not.
>
> Why not just install Libranet?

Well ...  I do love what I've got so far and don't wanna turn my back on it
- still I see potential for improvement in debian and I am pretty sure that
it's ok to voice that. I am advocation debian in the organisations I am
working for and like to know the rationale behind things in order to explain them.

Mariano