Re: Problem with samba domains

Alex wrote:
Hi

I'm setting up a small samba PDC. smb.conf follows later on in the text.
I've created the computer name with the dollar sign in both passwd & smbpasswd.
The root password is in smbpasswd, but still i cannot login to the domain, it
gives me errenous password (from a win2k machine).

thanks in advance. (ye i looked all over google but i couldn't find anything)

[global]
<Snipped>

# The CD-ROM gets unmounted automatically after the connection to the
#
# If you don't want to use auto-mounting/unmounting make sure the CD
#       is mounted on /cdrom
#
;   preexec = /bin/mount /cdrom
;   postexec = /bin/umount /cdrom

Hello,
    cc'ing cause I don't don't if you are on the list. You have not provided my with enough information for me to tell you what to try, but here are some questions.
    Have you added the machine to the domain?  Right click on My Computer | Properties | Computer Name | Change
    Have you added another user to the domain other than root and tried to log in as that user? From you config file root will not be able to log in.

HTH
Bill