Re: mySQL logon Question

Thus spake Francisco Castellon:
> I do get prompted for the password when I type: "mysql -u username -p"
> However shouldn't I just get prompted for the password whenever I just
> type "mysql" alone? Or at least not get logged in automatically.

No, because the default behavior if you do not give the -u username
option is to log in as your current user, and not giving the -p option
indicates that there is not a password for that user.  If simply typing
'mysql' allows you to connect, then you likely need to tighten up the
security a bit.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

The history of the world is full of men who rose to leadership, by
sheer force of self-confidence, bravery and tenacity. - Mahatma Gandhi