Re: Why are so many people using font servers?

On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 12:39, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 11:52:08AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > >
> > > Many of us find fonts insanely complex and completely incomprehensible.  We
> > > just bang away at it until something works and then stop.
> >
> > And most HOWTOs were written back before v4...
>
> Hmm, that's a good point...Perhaps we need a new one?

Probably so.  However, since only sarge and some recent Debian-based
distros have defoma, and it does things so differently than standard
XFree, it would have to be distro-specific...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| The purpose of the military isn't to pay your college tuition |
| or give you a little extra income; it's to "kill people and   |
| break things".  Surprisingly, not everyone understands that.  |