Re: got dma working with hdpram

    "Deryk" == Deryk Barker <dbarker@turing.cs.camosun.bc.ca> writes:

    Deryk> Thus spake Shyamal Prasad (shyamal.prasad@sbcglobal.net):
    >> "Jeremy" == Jeremy Petzold <jpetzold@earthlink.net> writes:
    >>
    Jeremy> but 2 questions, 1) how to I retain the settings between
    Jeremy> boots
    >>  If you got DMA turned on with hdparm the way to do it at boot
    >> is to put the command in a file in /etc/init.d/ and create
    >> links in /etc/rc2.d/ and so on (rc2.d for run level 2, rc3.d
    >> for run level 3).

    Deryk> Wouldn't rcS.d be the appropriate directory - it is
    Deryk> intended for local scripts.

Yes, that is quite correct. My mistake! However, rcS.d is not meant
for "local scripts", it is more generally used to boot the system into
any one of the other single/multi user runlevels.

I made the mistake of giving general advice that was not applicable in
this case. However, in the parts you trimmed in your quote above I did
say to use hwtools. This sets up /etc/rcS.d/S60hwtools in the manner
that you point out.

Cheers!
Shyamal