Re: new kernel >>> can't boot into debian (not solved yet)

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 11:08:42PM -0600, Gezim H wrote:
> Like suggested I did boot with the CD, it booted kernel-2.2.20-idepci, and
> then I did
> dpkg -i kernel-image-2.4.20_MyKernel2.4.20.deb
> so it would ask me to make a boot disk again, and I did, it aked me to add
> some block devices to lilo (or something like that), I said yes. Then I
> went to lilo changed kernel from 2.2.20-idepci to 2.4.20, when I rebooted
> same thing, just a BLACK screen.
> What do I do?

Did you or the kernel installation scripts rerun lilo when you
installed the kernel?
What is contents of your /etc/lilo.conf?
Are you compiling your 2.4.20 kernel to use initrd?
Do your boot posts display any error messages before you get a black
screen?
What configuration options did you change from stock debian kernel
before you compiled it?

--
Jerome