Re: Password-less IMAP access: Public Key?

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Bill Moseley wrote:

> I use ssh-agent to manage by keys for my ssh connections.  Is there any
> way to use the same setup for connecting to my IMAP folders?

Sorry I've come rather late to this discussion so apologies if it was
mentioned before but if you are using uw-imapd, you can access imap over
ssh or rsh by making a symlink to /usr/sbin/imapd in /usr/sbin/rimapd and
execing that.  Pine supports this seemlessly I don't know about other
clients.

If you are using dovecot you could use

ssh mail.example.com -l jaldhar exec /usr/lib/dovecot/imap

again that's for pine but I'm sure mutt has something similiar.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>