Re: Nvidia nforce

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 09:08:48AM +0100, Mark Annandale wrote:

> I'm running Woody after doing a apt-get dist-upgrade from a standard
> knoppix install. Everything I have used so far has been working
> perfectly, except sound.
>
> I know I have to use the NVIDIA_nforce tarball, however when I run
> make and make install it appears to install correctly (i don't get any
> error messages) and then try sndconfig I get " A PCI sound card was
> found in your system. The details are : Model: nVidia Corporation |
> unknown device 10de:01b0". If I say OK to this I'm told this device is
> not supported.
>
> This seems a bit strange as various flavours of SuSE and Mandrake have
> all detected and used sound with no problem, perhaps they load
> something that Debian doesn't.
>
> Could someone throw me a few pointers please.

Don't use sndconfig.  Take a look at the instructions here:

   http://alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php3?company=Intel&card=i820&chip=i820&module=intel8x0

There's a section entitled "Note to debian users".

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar