Re: can't get Network working after setting up new kernel

> Check your syslog.  I bet your DHCP client is screaming about missing
> kernel features (CONFIG_PACKET and one other, most likely).

actualy I had over looked the network options portion of the config...I did it
last time I compiled a kernel as well...a while ago :-)

yeah, my syslog did not say anything about my dhcp client at all, even in the
working kernel so that is why it took so long to figure out. I don't know why
it did not say anything at boot about it...weird.

thanks for the help.

Jeremy