Re: procmail

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 07:50:28AM +0200, Yuhanes Tjandra wrote:
> Russell Shaw wrote:
> >Yuhanes Tjandra wrote:

> >>I think so. You must have two file, .forward and .procmailrc in your
> >>home directory to activate that.
> >>
> >>Take a look at /usr/share/doc/procmail/QuickStart as well as the
> >>examples in the Examples folder.
> >

> >Hi,
> >I read that. I have in ~/.forward: |/usr/bin/procmail
> >and in ~/.procmailrc:
> >
> >PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
> >MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail              # you'd better make sure it exists
> >DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox           # Things that don't match end up here
> >LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail.log   # recommended
> >LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail
> >
> >:0 Whc: msgid.lock
> >| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache   #prevent duplicate messages
> >
> >:0 a:
> >duplicates         #but store them instead of deleting them
> >
> >--------------------------------
> >
> >~/Mail/procmail.log
> >and
> >~/Mail/mbox
> >don't appear.
> >

> I have the similar configurations as yours except the .procmailrc.
> I can't comment on your .procmailrc since I haven't used the rules
> before. You can try to comment them out though.

Excuse me for posting in on this thread so late, I haven't quite been
following it...

Have you checked your exim logs? I have no .forward, only a .procmailrc
and exim starts procmail automatically since the moment I installed the
procmail deb. I have things like this in my /var/log/exim/mainlog:

2003-05-09 08:09:45 19E14j-0002XH-00 <= bounce-debian-user=dfokkema=ileos.nl@lists.debian.org H=localhost [127.0.0.1] P=esmtp S=4529 id=NnsIeC.A.J1B.dU0u-@murphy
2003-05-09 08:09:45 19E14j-0002XH-00 => dfokkema <dfokkema@localhost> D=procmail T=procmail_pipe
2003-05-09 08:09:45 19E14j-0002XH-00 Completed

As you can see, when delivery for dfokkema is started, it is piped
through procmail. If you _don't_ have things like that in your exim
logs...

HTH,

David