Re: man sed | lpr wont work ?

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 07:30:30PM +0100, Dave Selby wrote:
> web@debian:~$ man -t sed | lpr
> /usr/bin/groff: can't find `DESC' file
> /usr/bin/groff:fatal error: invalid device `ps'

Install the groff package. You only have groff-base. This was adjusted
after woody:

groff (1.17.2-17) unstable; urgency=low

  * Back to unstable, now that there's no concern about disrupting woody.
    Merge changes from -15.woody.1 (unstable) and -16 (experimental).
  * Delete excess charset information in M and G font files that also use
    the fixedkanji directive, after consultation with Fumitoshi UKAI. This
    saves over 1.6Mb.
  * Move ps device to base, now that it isn't quite so large. It's needed
    there because it's the default device (closes: #131410).
  * Update the descriptions of groff-base and groff for the move of the
    PostScript device.

 -- Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>  Sat,  4 May 2002 18:03:40 +0100

> man: command exited with status 768: /usr/bin/zsoelim /tmp/zmanJfCZ5K |
> /usr/bin/groff -mandoc
> lpr: stdin is empty, so no job has been sent.
> web@debian:~$
>
> So I tried your more advanced solution ...
> "Try 'man -Tps sed | lpr' "

It's not more advanced; it's basically a synonym.

Cheers,