Re: fonts messed up after dist-upgrade

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 12:14:37PM +0200, Bernhard Kuemel wrote:
> Branden Robinson wrote:

> > > Unfortunately it doesn't. No change.
> >
> > Are you using the X font server?
>
> Yes, unless I try an X font path without xfs in which case it keeps
> running unused.
>
> > If so, did you modify its catalog[1] as well?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Have you restarted both xfs (if applicable)
>
> Yes, now also when the X font path did not include xfs.
>
> > and the X server since making this change?

> occasions I also shut down the computer, slept and restarted it.

Well, then, I cannot explain this.  I am able to go back and forth at
will between ugly fonts and less-ugly fonts by moving the Type1 and
directory from the beginning of the FontPath list and xfs catalogue to
the end.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I'm sorry if the following sounds
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    combative and excessively personal,