apt-get trouble issues

I'm new to Debian and tried to install xpdf: apt-get install xpdf

But all I got is :

Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  perl: Depends: perl-base (= 5.6.1-8.2) but 5.6.1-7 is to be installed
        Depends: perl-modules (>= 5.6.1-8.2) but 5.6.1-7 is to be installed
  xpdf: Depends: xpdf-reader but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xpdf-utils but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xpdf-common but it is not going to be installed

Tried apt-get -f install and is ask me to confirm that I want ro remove a lot of packages. No I don't want this ! I worked quite a bit to configure apache php mysql !

Heard that Debian package system is more robust than rpm one ..but it doesn't seems so ( my first Debian newbie impression) .

I came from a RedHat background and this kind of problems make me turn again to my first distro... But not untill I tried to make an image about Debian.