lynx cookies problem

Hello.  I stay in console mode pretty much all day, so I use lynx for
most of my web browsing.  I've installed the SSL-enabled version to
access secure web pages but have had some problems with specific pages.
The school I teach at has an online information system which uses SSL,
but whenever I try and access it I get a message about my browser not
accepting HTTP cookies.  ELinks can access it just fine, so I'm not sure
what the problem is.  Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

Sky.

P.S.  I accept all cookies sent by the server, so that's not the
problem.  I've noticed that multiple copies of cookies get stored in the
.lynx_cookies file.  Is that bad?