Re: Fw: [SID][debian] how to install

"lizl" <zlli@arcsoft.com.cn> writes:

> I am want to install debian 3.0 sid,but I don't know how to install.

The usual way is to install the stable release and then upgrade.  The
unstable branch isn't really intended to be installable at all, and
there aren't official distributions of it.  You haven't told us how
you're installing it, where you got the media from, and so on.  (It
sounds like you're using debian-installer, which is even more
under-development than the rest of sid.)

If this is your first Debian install, you almost certainly want
something less bleeding than sid.  I'd recommend following the
instructions from http://www.debian.org/distrib/ to get a copy of the
stable Debian 3.0 release ("woody"), and install and use that.  If,
having gained some Debian experience, you really do want the less
stable, more buggy, but newer packages (testing or unstable), it's
very straightforward to upgrade.

	-- Abra Mitchell