Re: FW: Re: Help, dselect has a package stuck in it's craw

try this

dpkg-statoverride --list

if anything related to laptop-net is shown then do

dpkg-statoverride --remove "path that was shown"

then do a apt-get remove laptop-net

hopefully that is the problem that its an override
thats killing it.

good luck
-paul

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=163679&archive=yes