Re: can't ./configure kallery....

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 19:27:49 +0100, Benjamin Swatek wrote:
> well, thanks zlib1g-dev helped for this, thanks, and
>  ./configure --help helped aswell, as the next thing was that it didn't
> find X includes, but now it doesn't find libXext...

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=libXext.so&searchmode=searchfiles&case=insensitive&version=stable&arch=i386
tells you that "xlibs-dev" is the package containing
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so
(libwhatever.so is what the linker searches for when you link something
-lwhatever),
so "apt-get install xlibs-dev".

> I don't find no hint in ./configure --help so whats this now?
>
> ah and vy the way, whenever I do an apt-get install I get:
>
> Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Your particular locale settings (the LC_* environment variables which
determine e.g. sorting order, thousands separator and preferred language;
run "locale" to see them) don't make a set that's supported by the C library
as installed on your system. You may want to do
"dpkg-reconfigure -plow locales" to have it built for you.

HTH,
Ray
--
Don't think of yourself as an organic pain collector racing toward oblivion.
	Dogbert