Re: purge deleted messages in mutt?

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 05:14:20PM -0400, Seneca wrote:

> > On my machine if I hit ctrl-$ by mistake when trying to hit shift-$ Mutt
> > just aborts or exits without updating.  Kind of a pain if I just went
> > through a day's worth of debian-user flagging what should be deleted!
> >
> > I have not found how that key is bound.  Be nice to disable it.
>
> You can change key bindings in ~/.muttrc.  Take a look at sections 3.3
> and 6.4 in mutt's manual.  If, for instance, you want '$' to be search
> and '/' to save changes (in the index), you would add:
>
>   bind index \044 search
>   bind index \057 sync-mailbox

I guess my question is how do I know what ^$ is currently bound to?  I have not found it in
/etc/Muttrc or in the docs, for that matter.  I'm not even sure what character ^$ is.

For example, I tried to re-bind it:

    bind pager \C$ bottom

and ^$ still just aborts/exits without saving.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org