Re: /usr/sbin/find

"Antonio Rodriguez" <arodriguez31@cfl.rr.com> writes:

> Every morning, at abut 7:15 or 7:30 a.m., some processes eat my scarse
> resources, some owned by nobody, /usr/sbin/find; most likely updating the
> database used by locate, and so forth.

Yup.  See /etc/cron.daily/find.

> This timing is very bad for me, I would rather have that done during
> the night. I havelooked for any cron scheduled works, but I haven't
> been able to find one. Where should I look for them?

I'd modify /etc/crontab, which runs the cron.daily scripts, and then
HUP cron (or run '/etc/init.d/cron reload', but that file suggests
this step isn't necessary).  The default seems to run the periodic
cron jobs starting between 6:25 and 7:00 AM every day.

	-- Abra Mitchell