Re: Getting CTRL-ALT-DEL to work (Semi- and puzzlingly SOLVED)

On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 13:19, Thomas Krennwallner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Sun May 04, 2003 at 11:51:52AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Thanks, but I haven't touched /etc/inittab
> >
> >   $ dir /etc/inittab
> >   -rw-r--r--    1 root  root  2006 Nov  1  2001 /etc/inittab
>
> Aha! I thought it is default to disable C-A-D. Accourding to shutdown(8)
> it checks whether the whitelisted user(s) is logged in and then shuts
> down. Are you logged in when pressing C-A-D? And C-A-D won't work with
> X.

Well, this is interesting.

I've been running all my failed tests using the *right* CTRL and
ALT keys.

When I use the *left* keys, it works like a charm.  Why would
this be?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| An ad currently being run by the NEA (the US's biggest    |
| public school TEACHERS UNION) asks a teenager if he can   |
| find sodium and *chloride* in the periodic table of the   |
| elements.                                                 |
| And they wonder why people think public schools suck...   |