partitions

Hi,

Right now my partitions are a big mess!
hda1 is winME
hda2 is swap
hda3 is suse
hda4 is debian
Thus, I can't boot into suse because my lilo runs from
debian, and I can only boot to winME or debian.
My computer is only about a year old, and I want to
know can my /boot partition be in hda2? Does it have
to be within the first 1024 cylinders? And can my
/home partiton by logican partition?
Right now, I'm planing to leave (if this works) hda1
as winME, and the partiton table would look like this:
/dev/hda1  winME
/dev/hda2  /boot
/dev/hda3  /swap
/dev/hda4  extended
/dev/hda5  /home
/dev/hda6  gentoo
/dev/hda7  debian

Does this look good? Is there a better way to set it
up? Do I need other partitons for /var ,etc?

Thanks,
Zim