No to localhost.localdomain

Hi all,

I'm experimenting with mail. At the moment, when I send mail (either
locally, or out over the Internet) with the "mail" command, it always
appears to come from "user@localhost.localdomain". I want to get rid of
this "localhost.localdomain" stuff, replacing it with my own domain, but I
cannot figure out how. I'm currently using Postfix, and I've been messing
with the settings in /etc/postfix/main.cf. I'm willing to switch to Exim,
makes no difference to me as long as I get it to work, but I'd sure
appreciate any advice on how to tweak this setting so that I am no longer
localhost.localdomain.

happy weekend to all,
Robert