Modconf not o.k.

Hi Folks,

I have a slight problem, maybe someone can help.

Desctription:

I am using Debian/testing and unstable (a mix).
Everything worked fine so far, until I dared to compile a new kernel.
(2.4.20). Compilation worked fine, kernel installing, too, and last but not
least, starting with the new kernel was successfull.

But, when  I tried to start "modconf" , there nothing happend but getting a
blue screen, cursor diappeared and the terminal, where I started "modconf"
from hang up.

I reinstalled modconf using apt, but things were the same.

I suppose, something is missing, that is beeing installed at the first
installation.

Please, do you have a solution ?

Everything else works fine !

Thank you very much !