Re: IRC

At 18:00 Uhr -0400 02.05.2003, Tom Allison wrote:
Can anyone recommend a IRC Server?

First on my list is security.
After that I don't really care too much.

It's a private IRC and will not be joined into the mainstream IRC network.

I've begun writing an IRC server in perl some time ago, but didn't find time to finish it. Maybe I will in about a month or two. Using perl, there are no buffer overflow risks like in C. It will also talk to a macromedia flash movie at the same time so that one may chat using a browser with people connected with standard IRC clients. I want to implement multiple channels, but probably not all administration features from IRC (interoperation with other servers is also no aim).

If you want I will tell you when I progress.

Christian.