Re: bash sell quirk(s)

On Thu, 01 May 2003 20:40:15 +0200
"Rodney D. Myers" <rdmyers@pe.net> wrote:

> I like the RH way of bash shell behaviour., Utilizing the home & end
> keys, to move around the bash prompt.
I liked it too!, but now... (see below)

> Is there someplace that I can read up on how to change this behaviour on
> the shell?
I don't know... for me it has always worked... I can't directly help you.
*BUT*
Usually bash is set up to behave emacs-like (see man bash), so you can use
CTRL+a in place of HOME
CTRL+e in place of END
and many other emacs-shortcut, such as, for example,
ALT+f forward one word
ALT+b backward one word

If you use emacs, you'd find them comfortable;
if you don't use emacs, you'd find them comfortable too :-)
(HOME and END are so irritatingly *far* from the 'main' keyboard :-P)

Cheers,

Guldo

p.s.: BTW, you know about CTRL+r, do you? nice!