Re: Traceroute not working through gshield NAT

Bill Moseley said:

> No, it's not that.  The traceroute just isn't getting through my gshield
> firewall, and I'm  wondering how to config gshield to allow traceroute.

is gshield a debian package? perhaps best to contact whoever makes
gshield?

I mentioned traceroute -I because many systems use ICMP to do traceroute,
linux uses UDP by default, so perhaps gshield permits ICMP traceroutes
but not UDP..

> So, so in summary, with gshield running:

set the log flag on all the iptables rules and see what is logged
when you try.

nate