Re: sort --unique

Bob Paige <bobman@Iname.com> writes:

> I have a list of items in a text file that I want sorted and
> uniquified'. In a previous install, the version of sort had an option
> --unique' that would output a unique list. The version I'm running now
> doesn't have that. (Mine is from GNU textutils 2.0)

Have you tried simply sort -u?  That's the SUSv2 version of the
command... although I have trouble believing that --unique was
removed, since it's still in coreutils 5.0.  What does sort --version

Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.
Looking for a developer in St. Louis? http://web.springies.com/~ats/
If you think you're confused now, wait until I explain it!