Re: wvdial users?

Colin Watson said:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any wvdial users around who can help with reproducing
> http://bugs.debian.org/155130, or explaining what might be going on? It's
> been open as a grave bug for some time with no response from the
> maintainer or anyone else, and I'd like to track it down.
>
> I haven't used dialup in some time.

I don't use it often but I just tested it out and it seems to work. Never
used wvdial before, setup my ~/.wvdialrc and was able to dial out and
login no problems. logged into a debian system running portslave with
a modem hanging off of it, authenticating via radius running on the
same host (xtradius). both systems debian woody.

after spending 30 minutes trying to figure out how different the system
was under a 2.4.x kernel, all these new ppp modules I'm not used to :)

nate