Running gnome2.2 woody backport on sarge/testing

Can this be done?

Can I just use the sources.list lines for 'stable' at
http://people.debian.org/~walters/gnome2.html
even though the rest of my system is 'testing' and everything will just
work? Or will I end up with dependency or upgrade problems?

Alternatively, do people recommend that I just upgrade to 'unstable'?

(I have a local testing mirror courtesy apt-move, and I hear that on
occasion, unstable can break: my preference is to stay on testing.)

Please CC me, I'm not subscribed.

Thanks
Zenaan