Re: vga in lilo

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 01:16:42PM -0400, Soren Andersen wrote:
>    - It is best to let lilo tell you what you can ask for. Get your next
>      boot-up to include the directive "vga=ask" so that you can review
>      the modes offered. Do not use the mode *index* number that LILO
>      displays, use the actual (decimal form of the) numerical mode code.
>      Mode index number can _work_ but can change if hardware or kernel
>      changes (?), is not robust way to specify mode.

However, not all videa cards that work with vga=791 display that when
you pass "vga=ask" to lilo.  I had a Toshiba Laptop that behaved this
way.  It was a Tecra 8100 IIRC.

  This disclaimer is priviledged information and may not be read by
  anyone except the intended recipient, whoever that is.  If you are
  not the intended recipient and have read this disclaimer, you are
  naughty and shan't be allowed any pudding.  How can you have any
  pudding if you don't take your meat?