Re: gmc like program

Jerome Acks Jr (jracksjr@bellatlantic.net) wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 10:36:03AM -0700, D. wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >   I just did a apt-get dist-upgrade on my testing
> > system and it removed my gmc program.  I tried to do a
> > apt-get install gmc and this is the error I get.
> > mc-common (=4.45.42-11.patato.5) but 4.5.55-1.2 is to
> > be installed.  It appears that they updated mc-common,
> > but forgot to link the update back to gmc, wild guess.
> >
> >   Is there another program like gmc that I can load?
>
> look at nautilus.
> for something nongnomish tkdesk or fsviewer.

Yeah, I like the NeXT-style stuff.  gworkspace might be another.  Problem
appears to be that these apps don't get enough developer time (not Debian
developers, but upstream), so they progress very slowly.

Unfortunately, I'm in no position to help.

--
Jason Wojciechowski
http://wonka.hampshire.edu/~jason