Re: mgetty replaces getty?

On Thursday 01 May 2003 00:33, Carl Fink wrote:
<snip>
> Question to all:  is the installation of mgetty flawed, in that it doesn't
> actually *start* any mgetty's?  Would it be worth filing a bug?

Probably not.  Changing the tty interface ought to have a human in the loop
and an alternative way in to the machine if something should go wrong.

mgetty has a very nice debugging capability.  It's influenced my style of
application development. Read up on it and turn it on.  Watching the outputs
raises your awareness of how it works - if you like that sort of thing -
which I suppose you do since you are using Debian.
--
Mike M.