Re: libstdc++ breakage?

On approximately Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 12:05:50PM -0500, Good Times wrote:
> hi
>
> i want to downgrade this package
>
> but i've never been able to find the best way to do it
>
> i believe /etc/apt/preferences is the best way, but then what is the best way to find the previous version of the package?
>
> i see from this mail what it is, but for next time, is there an option to apt or dpkg that will give me all the previous versions of a package?

If you used /etc/apt/preferences you would have to grab the package out of
"testing" which would likely be older than you would want.  The easiest way is
to either keep the old packages in /var/cache/apt/archives around for a while or
just go to http://snapshot.debian.net and get whatever packages you need from
there.

---
Josh McKinney		     |	Webmaster: http://joshandangie.org
Linux, the choice            | They that can give up essential liberty
of a GNU generation     -o)  | to obtain a little temporary safety deserve
Kernel 2.5.66-mm3        /\  | neither liberty or safety.
on a Athlon-XP          _\_v |                          -Benjamin Franklin