Re: iomega zip under debian 3.0r1

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 11:38:52PM -0400, Kevin McKinley wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:06:22 -0500
> "Wathen, Metherion" <MWathen@bsalifestructures.com> wrote:
>
> > my 2 cents, from past experience Iomega Zip Drives want to be scsi devices
> > even though they are on your parport. :/ So you may have to have
> > /dev/sd[x]4  /mnt/zip  vfat ... in your /etc/fstab instead of /dev/hd[x]
> > I'm definately no expert, but hth. mw
>
> That depends on the type of zip drive and how it's connected.

Right.

> Parallel port zip drives are seen as scsi devices; I suspect zip drives with
> PCMCIA interfaces are also scsi.

I don't know, myself, but most likely.

> Internal zip drives may be ide drives; mine are.

Internal ZIP-100 drives may be IDE or ATAPI; TTBOMK most that have been
sold are ATAPI and a few were IDE.

Iomega have sold multitudes of comblications of the ZIP-100 drive so the
last poster wasn't very accurate. As far as I know these exist or once
existed on the market:

Parallel port -connected      external ZIP-100
SCSI -connected               external ZIP-100
PCICIA -connected             external ZIP-100
IDE                           internal ZIP-100
ATAPI                         internal ZIP-100
SCSI                          internal ZIP-100

I wish I could get ahold of one of the lattermost (internal-SCSI) but
Iomega ditched them long ago...

--
GnuPG public key fingerprint:  BD26 A5D8 D781 C96B 9936  310F 0573 A3D9 4E24 4EA6