backporting uw-imapd

Hi group,

I installed wu-imapd on my laptop running testing and it needed TLS to
authenticate me. That seemed right to me, so no problem there. When I
was convinced that wu-imapd could do everything I wanted it to I
installed it on my server, running stable. When I tested it, it didn't
need TLS and I assume an unencrypted authentication was used.

1) Can I use this version to set up TLS?

I decided to backport wu-imapd from testing to stable. I did:

apt-get source wu-imapd
apt-get build-dep wu-imapd
apt-get install libpam0g-dev

and then

dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

I noticed that various reversed patches returned failed (ignored). Is
this important? Seems so to me...

Furthermore, I get the following error:

devlibs error: There is no package matching libcrypto0.9.6-dev and noone
provides it, please report bug to d-shlibs maintainer

and a similar one for libssl0.9.6-dev.

I have libssl0.9.6 and libssl-dev installed, and I can't get info on
libssl096-dev.

2) How can I backport uw-imapd?

TIA,

David