Re: pilot-link in Sid and Sarge: Much bigger question

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 21:27, David Krider wrote:

Top Tip O' Day: Cross-posting wont help your cause.

*snip*

> Please don't tell me, "We'll blah, blah release blah when blah it's
> blah, blah, blah ready." I know. I know. The Tungsten may be a fairly
> new PDA, but it's not like it's the first USB model. Not by a long shot.
> I just think it's silly that a distro wouldn't support that. Again, I'm
> new here. That's why I've written this... this book. I AM NOT SEEKING TO
> START A FLAMEWAR.

Not its not, i've got a Handspring visor which uses USB. As it acts as a
USB to serial converter, i could use gnome-pilot with it by changing the
device to point to /dev/ttyUSB0 or so. Did you try this approach with
the Tungsten?

Rob
--
Rob 'robster' Bradford