Re: next debian stable ?

Paul Johnson said:

> Well, of course security updates make it through, or that would sort of
> defeat the purpose of security.debian.org...

I think the poster was referring to the "event" last year where
a vulnerability was about to be announced but no details on it,
so everyone was "forced" to upgrade to openssh 3.x. potato had
openssh 1.x. and there was an openssh 3.x release backported to
potato to accomodate those that needed the upgrade.

in the end it turns out potato wasn't even affected, the features
that were vulnerable weren't even available in the older version.

it was a mess for sure.

nate