2 IPs on 1 Network Card

This is a weird one, so hopefully someone out there has tread before me.

eth0 is defined as 192.168.29.43.  On that same NIC, I need to define
eth0:0 as 216.63.319.43.  Here's my /etc/network/interfaces:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
	address 192.168.29.43
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	network 192.168.29.0
	broadcast 192.168.29.255
	gateway 192.168.29.254

auto eth0:0
iface eth0:0 inet static
	address	216.63.139.43
	netmask	255.255.255.248
	network 216.63.139.0
	broadcast 216.63.139.255
	gateway 216.63.139.134

This sets up fine, but I can't communicate out eth0:0.  I'm positive
that it has something to do with the default gateway.

Is what I'm trying to do possible?  If so, where am I missing it?

Thanks.
--
steve