[SOLVED] Re: WMV file still doesn't play and now some packages broke

 --- Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> escribió: > Roberto Sanchez
<rcsanchez97@yahoo.es> writes:

> >> Did you change your kernel?
> >>

> > A few weeks ago I compiled my own 2.4.20 kernel, but I ran it a few days
> > with stable before going to testing and then I ran testing for a few weeks
> > before working up the nerve to go unstable :-)  Before the unstable upgrade
> > I was able to view video files no problem (even with the new kernel).
>
> In this case you might need support for the dri and agp in the
> kernel. For example I have a radeon in my home computer so I need to
> make sure that is available either built-in or as a module. In a
> laptop that has a rage 128 I have to make sure that one is
> available. Also I have to make sure that the proper agp thing for my
> motherboard is included as well. In your case I'm not sure of the
> exact options.

AGP is compiled as a module.  However, it is not inserted into the kernel.
Once I did a modprobe the video was being output through xv with no problem.  I
will probably go back now and recompile with AGP included, instead of being a
module.

Thanks for all the help

-Roberto

> Bijan