Re: Viewing a .wmv file

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 10:33:01PM +0200, Mark Janssen wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 22:08, Carl Fink wrote:
> > I like the fact that the mplayer GUI (gmplayer) lets me see the length of
> > the clip, and the volume control in gmplayer is the remarkably inappropriate
> > dial.  Who turns a dial using a mouse?
>
> You don't have to actually turn it... sliding from left to right (or
> reverse) will do... And it's only a dial because of the theme... select
> another theme and you'll have either a slider or maybe even +/- buttons

<humor>
The dial must be a good idea; it's borrowed from Windows CD player!
</humor>

Here we see another example of why blindly copying an existing UI may
not be the best idea.

  Never tell people how to do things.  Tell them WHAT to do and
  they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
          -- Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.