Re: WMV file still doesn't play and now some packages broke

 --- David Fokkema <fokkema@nat.vu.nl> escribió: > On Tue, 29 Apr 2003,
[iso-8859-1] Roberto Sanchez wrote:

> > I downloaded mplayer and cofigured, compiled, and installed it (and all the
> > related codecs).  However I still get audio only with a blue screen instead
> of
> > a picture.  I tested it with a .wmv and a .mpg, and both had the same
> results.
>
> Are there _any_ files you can play with mplayer and/or xine? For instance,
> if you go to http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/2003/09/video/a and
> download the mpeg can you play this one? If all you get is a blue screen,
> I'd check my X config and disable all hardware optimisations and alike.
> Then try again...
>
> I once had only blue screens when I tried to enable some optimisations.
>
> HTH,
>
> David

All three of the files on that page give the same results.  They do not
work with video output set to xv, but work fine with other output settings.
I can't imagine what would cause the problem, as this started happening
after my upgrade to unstable.  What optimizations could be causing this?
What do I need to look for?

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es