Re: Help Needed with Newbie Installation Problem

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 08:45:00AM +1000, Chris Share wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please see below for the description of the problem I'm currently having.
>
> One person who responded suggested that I post the XFree86.0.log file. I've
> attached it to this email. If anyone can help me with what's going wrong it
> would be greatly appreciated.

'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86' and say NO to the question about
using the framebuffer.

> Also, someone mentioned that I download and install the packages:
>
> nvidia-glx-src - NVIDIA binary XFree86 4.x driver
> nvidia-kernel-src - NVIDIA binary kernel module
>
> I've downloaded these.
>
> Could someone walk me through how I install them.

Have you read /usr/share/doc/nvidia-kernel-src/README.Debian.gz?  It
explains the steps required in gruesome detail.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?