Re: Help Needed with Newbie Installation Problem

Hello,

I think you'll find the documentation on installing in
the folders /usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx-src and
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-kernel-src .
They should be installed when you got the packages.

Joris

<mailto:debian-user-request@lists.debian.org?subject=help>
><mailto:debian-user-request@lists.debian.org?subject=subscribe>

tests=IN_REP_TO,SIGNATURE_SHORT_DENSE,SPAM_PHRASE_00_01,X_LOOP,
> >               X_MAILING_LIST
> >         version=2.43
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm a complete newbie to Debian Linux (although
> I've been using and
> >programming computers for about 10 years).
> >
> >I'd like to install and run Debian on my PC that
> currently runs
> >Windows98/2000, mainly because I'd like to
> eventually use Demudi (the
> >Debian-based multimedia distribution).
> >
> >I've got a copy of Debian 3.0 and have managed to
> install it on a separate
> >partition.
> >
> >However, I hit a problem when the system starts.
> >
> >After everything loads, I get a message saying "I
> cannot start the X
> >Server..." and then I get asked if I want to use a
> utility to set up the
> >video card/monitor. I'm using a GeForce2MX card
> with a ViewMaster CM555
> >monitor.
> >
> >I've selected the Geforce option in the
> configuration utility however this
> >doesn't make any difference.
> >
> >I'm using XFree86 version 4.1.0.1 (I think!)
> >
> >Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Chris Share
> >

> >--