Re: Can Debian be used instead of Redhat ?

said Joyce, Matthew (on 2003-04-29),

> What I am wondering is, the manufacturer suggests using Redhat, but I have a
> little experience with Debian, is there any reason I can't use debain
> instead ?
>
> http://www.accelrys.com/support/materials/studio/2_0/genissues/installation.
> html#linuxgw

I took a cursory look:

Following that link, I found no suggestion to use Redhat (rather some
intructions for Redhat *if* you are using it,) and some generic
intructions for installing on Unix systems.

My guess is that it would run under Debian, but it seems that they only
gave hints for Redhat Linux - you might need to tweak those a bit for your
system.

Geordie.