Re: General jerkiness/pausing of system..

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 10:01:48AM -0700, wells oliver wrote:
> I just installed Debian 3.0 on my AMD Athlon 1ghz system and am having
> some weird issues. I'm using the 2.4.18-k7 kernel from the packages.
>
> The system will pause occaisionally; it seems jerky. Just for a few
> seconds here, 10 seconds there, but it's thoroughly irritating and
> baffling.

I also have a 1ghz Athlon with 512MB RAM and had a similar problem. I
was using Gnome. I found that nautilus is very slow for me so I dropped
it as is gnome-terminal so I now use aterm.

You can try to run gkrellm to have an idea where is the bottleneck, when
it is occuring and find the culprit.

Philippe