Need Help installing Debian

Hey y'all...
 I need some help installing Debian... I managed to
write the image file to a disk using fireburner... but
MSDOS doesm't detect it... How do I install it? I also
tried the floppy-boot disks but install.bat didn't
work correctly. It said something about not having the
proper "keys" (-2,[d:\], etc.). Can anyone help me?
I'm running Windows 98 on a MSDOS based Pentium II
with a 4GB hard drive. The 1.2GB partion, previously
the windows "D:\" drive has been reformated for Linux
using Ranish Disk Partioner. Any help would be much
apprieciated.
Thanks.
Jason Herbert