Re: Disappearing fonts in OpenOffice

csj@mindgate.net wrote:
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 21:26:54 +0300,
Johan Ehnberg wrote:

Hi!  I have a problem with fonts in Debian/sid and openoffice:
After I install a new font, it appears in openoffice. Now I
have restarted my computer and the fonts have disappeared. This
is not related to the font packages, as it applies for all of
them, except the basic fonts like Times, Charter and Courier.

Any clues?

Only a clue.  But have you tried setting OpenOffice to a
different mode?  I don't have OO.o right now but I do recall that
certain fonts appear only in Web mode (as opposed to the usual
for print mode).  For example the fonts I installed from the
freefont package appear only in Web mode.

No, it's not that. Every OOo component had the same problem. Notice the past tense, they seem to be there now. Hopefully to stay, as I still have no clue about this. I haven't even touched any configurations... Probably the "ghost" in my computer who rolls the wheel of fortune for my fonts menu :=).

Thanks anyway!

/johan

--
Johan Ehnberg