Re: Belkin UPS Shutdown Problem

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:28:05 -0500 Thomas H. George,,, wrote:
> I would like to un-install the Belkin software and install one of the
> ups daemons found by apt-cache search if anyone has had successful
> experience with a Belkin UPS.

I have an MGE UPS, and I've had a good experience with Network UPS Tools
(nut)

   http://www.exploits.org/nut/.

Their webpages lists 2 drivers for Belkin (for Regulator Pro serial and
for Resource), so you may be in luck. Quoting:

   Belkin
   No official documentation.  The belkin driver uses reverse-engineered
   specifications compiled from a variety of sources and user reports.
   Caution: I have personally turned a Regulator Pro into a brick by
   messing with this protocol.  Using the belkin driver is safe, however.

If you go with nut try to use the Debian version in unstable, or at least
that in testing. It's a bit painful to configure, but I'm happy with it.

HTH,

--
Carlos Sousa
http://vbc.dyndns.org/