Belkin UPS Shutdown Problem

The Belkin UPS which I purchased comes with software for linux which shuts the system down but does not power it off. Checking /etc/runlevel.conf I find a switch to runlevel 0 ends by calling /etc/init.d/halt. The halt script checks for /etc/init.d/ups-monitor which I do not have. Using apt-cache search and apt-cache show I found a number of ups daemons several of which state they conflict with ups-monitor however apt-cache search ups-nonitor does not find a package by this name.

I would like to un-install the Belkin software and install one of the ups daemons found by apt-cache search if anyone has had successful experience with a Belkin UPS.

Tom George